Upstream is leading the mobile internet revolution in high growth markets. Its pioneering platform provides 1.2 billion people in developing countries with affordable and secure access to digital services on their mobile devices. Upstream’s Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million mobile users in Latin America and Africa even when they have run out of data. The company’s Secure-D service is a leading anti-fraud platform that in 2018 alone, detected 30 million mobile phones infected with malware in 16 counties. Upstream works with over 60 mobile operators, across more than 45 markets, leveraging their unique assets to boost and create new revenue streams in the data era. Its team counts 280 people of over 25 nationalities, working from nine offices around the globe.
Our focus centers on streamlining the development, building, testing, integration, packaging, and deployment of our micro-services. We are seeking for a DevOps Engineer for ZeroD team to help us maintain and scale our infrastructure in order to offer our users an even greater experience.
An ideal candidate would be a passionate engineer who loves Linux, who feels more comfortable in the shell rather than in an IDE, who is intimately familiar with cloud infrastructure. He/She has a strong networking background, is comfortable in a polyglot environment, thrives in true-agile, fast paced, production facing environments, and may not have all the answers but surely knows how to find them.
What you will do…
- Evolve and support our immutable deployment platform
- Contribute in the design of high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Trouble-shoot and classify production issues
- Support the capacity planning for new projects in terms of hardware requirements, using proven best practices.
- Monitor and tune production systems performance
- Develop command line tools that enable developers to quickly build, bake, and deploy images locally and to the cloud
- Work directly with Upstream engineers to provide a polyglot-friendly experience and first-class support for platforms built on Java, Python, php and others
If you have…
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Linux experience -- deep knowledge of Linux system administration
- Cloud experience -- designing and building tools and infrastructure for cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Programming experience -- Go, shell, Python, Java amongst others
- Operational experience -- comfortable providing support to other departments, optimizing deployments for availability and uptime, going deep on troubleshooting and remediation
- Exposure to container technology (e.g. Docker), container-focused Linux distributions, and virtualization in the cloud
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases (e.g. postgres), NoSQL DBs/systems (e.g. Redis, ElasticSearch)
... then don’t hesitate to contact us to talk to you about this opportunity
We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
Follow us on LinkedIn and stay updated on our latest news
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.